How to Pay a Ticket
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Defendants are encouraged to pay tickets on line at CitePay (linked below). ALL defendants who have charges that are eligible and pay online will receive six months deferred sentences. Please be aware that it will be necessary to call the court at (406) 552-6180 to request a deferral be granted after six months has elapsed from the date the ticket is paid. There are charges that will still require personal appearance: DUI, Partner Family Member Assault, Stalking, Violation of Protective Order/No Contact Order, Sexual Assault, Assault, Privacy in Communications, Indecent Exposure, and Surreptitious Visual Observation, among others.
DO YOU NEED TO MAKE PAYMENT TO THE COURT?
Missoula Municipal Court is providing a 60-day payment due date extension on payments to the Court so every person will be able to provide for themselves and loved ones during this trying time!
Missoula Municipal Court clerks will extend your payment date 60-days from the current case payment due date.
The Court would appreciate if you either call, email, or write to the Court requesting this extension.
The Court has prepared a form for this extension also.
It can be found online at https://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/2130/Pro-Se-Resources or on the bulletin board outside the Court.
If you need to drop off your request, please put it in the drop box which is located to the left of the main doors of Municipal Court.
If you wish to make payment,
You can go online to: https://www.citepayusa.com.
You will need your citation number or case/cause number and your date of birth.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are appearing on a new traffic citation please remember that you may be able to appear on the charge on CITEPAY. The court will not longer require a personal appearance to obtain a deferred imposition of sentence on traffic citations paid on CITEPAY. All citations handled via CITEPAY will receive a 6 month deferred imposition of sentence. A deferred sentence means that in 6 months if you have not had any other tickets and everything is paid in full, you must call the Municipal Court Clerks and request the points be removed from you DMV record. The removal is not automatic, you must call the court after 6 monthsl
You can mail payment to: Missoula Municipal Court at 435 Ryman St., Missoula, MT 59802.
Please include your name and date of birth and, if known, case/cause number.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, you can drop payment off at: Missoula Municipal Court drop box located to the left of the main doors of the Court.
There are envelopes provided for the drop box.
Please include your name and date of birth and, if know, case/cause number.
Fines are due in full on the day of sentencing, unless a payment agreement is ordered by the Judge. We accept cash, check, money order, cashier’s check, Mastercard, and Visa.
- Payments must be received on or before the due date.
- Some tickets may be paid online at CitePay, without appearing in court. In order for CitePay to find you ticket you will need to enter your citation number starting with the numbers "081" that precede the letters "C" or "D".
- Traffic Citations - Enclose the yellow copy of the citation and payment and mail it to: Missoula Municipal Court
Missoula, MT 59802
- We no longer accept credit card payments over the phone but can process Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards at the counter.
If you do not pay according to your court-ordered payment schedule you could be held in contempt or your sentence could be revoked.
If you have a Parking ticket, please visit the Missoula Parking Commission.