City Laws & Regulations
Missoula Municipal Code
Table of Contents
- Title 1 - General Provisions (Updated 04/21/2021, Ord. 3675)
- Title 2 - Administration and Personnel (Updated 06/08/2022, Ord. 3694)
- Title 3 - Revenue and Finance (Updated 06/23/2021, Ord. 3684)
- Title 4 - Reserved
- Title 5 - Business Licenses and Regulation (Updated 09/07/2022, Ord. 3701)
- Title 6 - Animals (Updated 09/25/2019, Ord. 3645)
- Title 7 - Reserved
- Title 8 - Health and Safety (Updated 01/04/2023, Ord. 3703)
- Title 9 - Public Peace, Morals, and Welfare (Updated 10/27/2016, Ord. 3581)
- Title 10 - Vehicles and Traffic (Updated 10/09/2019, Ord. 3646)
- Title 11 - Reserved
- Title 12 - Streets, Sidewalks, and Public Places Word file (open in read only, 1541 KB) - PDF file (1397 KB) (Updated 06/23/2021, Ord. 3685)
- Title 13 - Public Services (Updated 09/01/2022, Ord. 3699)
- Title 14 - Reserved
- Title 15 - Buildings and Construction (Updated 09/08/2021, Ord. 3686)
- Title 16 - Manufactured Housing and Mobile Home Parks (Updated 08/28/2008)
- Title 17 - Subdivisions
- Title 18 - Floodplain Regulations (Updated 06/16/2022, Ord. 3696)
- Title 19 - Repealed (Updated 12/18/2009, Ord. 3408)
- Title 20 - Zoning
- Title 21 - Form Based Code (Updated 01/13/2021, Ord. 3674)
Ordinances adopted but not yet codified and emergency/urgency ordinances
Ordinance 3710 (2/22/2023): An ordinance amending Chapter 12.44 entitled “Cemeteries” by amending Section 12.44.020 entitled “Location” to include other uses, amending Section 12.44.110, entitled “Grounds regulations,” subsection A and repealing subsections D-H to decriminalize city cemetery groundskeeping regulations, amending 12.44.290 entitled “Meetings” to allow the Cemetery Board of Trustees more flexibility in scheduling their regular meetings and establishing rules for cemetery trustee meeting attendance, and repealing Article III, entitled “Cemetery Superintendent”, Section 12.44.340 entitled “Duties” in its entirety because the duties listed are addressed in the job description.
Ordinance 3711 (2/22/2023): An ordinance of the Missoula City Council amending Title 6, Chapter 6.07, Section 6.07.1010 entitled “Regulations concerning keeping of livestock and domestic fowl” to allow student members of 4H and Future Farmers of America (FFA) to keep market sheep, market goats and market poultry as part of a 4-H or FFA project on a parcel that is less than an acre in size subject to certain conditions and other minor amendments to reflect current laws and practices.
Ordinance 3705 (11/28/2022): An interim urgency zoning measure amending Title 20, Missoula City Zoning Ordinance Section 20.05 Residential Districts, Section 20.10 Business and Commercial Districts, Section 20.15 Industrial and Manufacturing Districts, and Section 20.20 Open Space, Public, and Aviation Districts, prohibiting the application of the conditional use process to certain use categories.
Resolution 8607 (7/18/2022): Amendments to the Missoula City Subdivision Regulations, incorporating applicable State Legislative Changes from the 2017, 2019, and 2021 legislative sessions along with limited clarifying amendments based on consideration of the review criteria.
The information on this page is for reference only. No reliance should be placed on the completeness nor the accuracy of this information without first consulting original records and personally verifying the accuracy of any and all information displayed on this page.