Missoula Splash Decks and Spray Pools
- Open Memorial Day through Labor Day, weather permitting
- Splash Decks are open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily, at the following parks:
Southside Lions and Sacajawea Park Spray Pools (Turtle Pools)
Southside Lions and Sacajawea spray pools have been retrofitted to improve water quality and safety and to comply with current state swimming pool regulations. Due to the new swimming pool regulations, the pools will operate differently than they have in the past:
- The systems use municipal drinking water (not well water or re-circulated water) to spray and drain directly to the sewer. This was the most cost-effective way to retrofit the decades-old systems to comply with current health and safety regulations.
- Because the water is not re-circulated, we have implemented some controls to reduce water waste while still meeting recreational needs.
- Pools operate from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- In addition, the systems are temperature controlled and will only activate, even during operational hours, if the air temperature is above 75 degrees.
- The water is activated by the user. The "on" button is located on an orange bollard on the edge of the spray park. Push the metal button and the water will turn on for one minute before shutting off again.
- As with all recreational water sources, public health officials remind pool users they should not drink the water. This policy helps prevent the spread of recreational water illnesses (RWIs.)
If you have any questions or concerns about the spray pool renovation project or pool operations, please contact Aquatics Manager Eric Seagrave at 552-6274 or email Eric Seagrave.