In September 1986, the Missoula City Council adopted the University Area Residential Permit Parking Program in the area immediately surrounding the campus of The University of Montana. The purpose of this District was to ensure safety for its residents and to reduce serious parking overload problems. After the residential parking district was created, the authority to establish such a district and its constitutionality was challenged by ASUM et al. On 10-21-93, the Montana Supreme Court ruled in favor of the City and confirmed the City’s position.
This form is intended for residents of the Residential Parking Permit area interested in acquiring permits for fiscal year 2021.
1. Current vehicle registration
2. Photo Identification i.e. driver's license
3. If you are new to the program and applying for the first time, please attach a recent utility bill or bank statement showing your name and address in the RPP area. If you have received a permit in the past, you do not need to submit these documents
2. Photo identification i.e. driver's license
3. Recent utility bill or bank statement showing your name and address in the RPP area.
**If you recently moved in and are waiting to receive one of these items, a lease agreement will be accepted for a 30-day temporary permit.
The Parking Commission reserves the right to require additional documentation.
The vehicle registration must be registered in the home owner or renters name. Visitor permits do not require vehicle registration.
All outstanding tickets must be paid before permits will be issued. Tickets can be paid online at https://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/tickets or by calling our office at (406) 552-6250.
If your vehicle's license plate changes after you have purchased a permit, please contact the Parking Commission office. Your license plate is your permit and we must have current information.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Payment is not required at the time of submission. The Parking Commission Administrative Team will review your submission and respond via email within 24 business hours to request any additional information and/or to collect payment.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field