Growth Policy 5-Year Review
State law requires that every 5 years, cities review their growth policy, and consider whether it still accurately reflects their community's vision. Missoula is experiencing a variety of challenges and pressing issues. This is an opportunity to step back, and take stock of how the Growth Policy is holding up in the face of recent change and challenges.
City planning staff, with support and guidance from a inter-departmental functional working group, has completed an initial review of the 2035 Our Missoula Growth Policy. Now we want to hear your thoughts!
Please visit the Engage Missoula page for this project to:
- Comment and Input (leave a comment, general or specific-on how the growth policy is still on the right track towards meeting our community vision.)
- Ideas (provide ideas that are inspiring and/or innovative that should be included in the City’s Growth Policy).
- Map (let us know what places we should be taking a closer look at on the Future Land Use Map.)
- Attend a meeting (see Key Dates for date and venue of upcoming public meetings).
- Contact us directly.
We appreciate and value community input. Hearing thoughts and comments from the community will help in the following ways:
- They will help to establish project goals for the comprehensive code reform project on which we are about to embark
- They will help to provide focus for how the Growth Policy update should interface with the comprehensive code reform project
- They will inform the general list of items to cover in an eventual growth policy update