Permits & Programs
- Commercial Permit - The commercial permit allows a vehicle to park at a meter without putting money into the meter for up to two hours.
- Special Service Permit - The special service permit allows a utility company’s vehicle to park at a meter without putting money into the meter for four hours.
- Disability Permit - The Disibility Permit allows a vehicle to park in any accessible space for 2 hours for free. If an accessible space is not available, the vehicle may park in any metered space for up to 2 hours without paying. Applications for permanent disability permits from the state are available at the MPC office.Temporary disability permits are available at the MPC office with a filled out application.
- Loading Zone Permit - The loading zone permit allows a vehicle to park in a loading zone for 20 minutes.
- Meter Bag Rental - A meter bag allows an authorized vehicle to park at a meter longer than the time limit without putting money into the meter. This is mainly used for construction, maintenance, and moving.
- Residential Parking Permit - Parking permits for the Residential Parking Permit district are available online here. (see map of U of M Residential Parking area) (PDF)
Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
The Parking Commission supports TDM and encourages everyone to use Mountain Line, the trolley, or our many bike racks to access Missoula’s downtown.
For further information on transportation choices, please call Missoula Ravalli Transportation Management Association (MRTMA) at 406-327-8707 or Missoula in Motion at 406-552-6675.