Parks & Picnic Shelters
Picnic Shelter Reservations
To reserve a picnic shelter, phone 406-721-PARK, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email Paula Fisher, Recreation Support Specialist, for more information. Please note: emails do not constitute a confirmed reservation.
Missoula Parks and Recreation offers picnic shelters for reservation in several neighborhood parks. Shelters are available for rent for picnics, reunions, and other events during these time periods:
- 6 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- See MMC #12.40.040 Exhibit B for a list of parks where alcohol is permitted.
- Possession and consumption of beer, wine and hard cider are allowed for individuals or small groups of six or less without a permit, or for groups of seven or more with a permit, in parks listed in Exhibit B where a restroom or portable toilet is provided and is available.
- You may purchase an alcohol permit online for Bonner Park, McCormick Park, Playfair Park, & Fort Missoula Regional Park.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
Amplified sound is prohibited in parks with the exceptions below and further defined in MMC 12.40.065 #29 Exhibit C.
- Small impromptu gatherings of 6 or fewer park users amplifying sound are required to adhere to restrictions set forth in Exhibit C designated as Type 2 community parks and Type 3 neighborhood parks. Learn more
- A fee-based amplified sound permit is required for large events of 7 or more park users as set forth in Exhibit C designated as Type 1 community parks and Type 4 neighborhood parks
- Amplified sound is defined as any powered sound device with volume control.
- Call 552-6256 to purchase an amplified sound permit.
Reservable Picnic Shelters and Fees
|Park (with electricity access)||Fee / Time Block||Fee for Full Day|
|Silver Park Shelter||$94.50||$236.25|
|Silver Park Pavilion||$192.50||$577.50|
|Standard picnic shelters (no electricity access)||Fee / Time Block||Fee for Full Day|
|*Alcohol not permitted|
Fort Missoula Regional Park
|Park||Fee / Time Block||Fee for Full Day||Deposit|
|Bella Vista Pavilion||$365 (Fri - Sun) $312 (Mon - Thurs)||$912.50 (Fri - Sun) $780 (Mon - Thurs)||$500|
|Overlook Shelter||$94.50 (Fri - Sun) $76.50 (Mon - Thurs)||$236.25 (Fri - Sun) $191.25 (Mon - Thurs)||$200|
Add-Ons for Pavilion
- Banquet tables and chairs: $10 per table, $2 per chair
- PA System: $120 per day
- Special Use Permits are required special events
Alcohol Permit at FMRP
$50 permit fee, plus a $50-$200 deposit depending on group size. You may purchase an alcohol permit online for Fort Missoula Regional Park.
Special use permits and fees are required for special events and for reservations at:
- Fort Missoula Regional Park
- McCormick Park
- Bess Read Park
- Memorial Rose Garden
- Greenough Park Footbridge
- Silver Park
To book a Special Event, phone 406-552-6256, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email Paula Fisher, Recreation Support Specialist, for more information.