The Missoula Police Department is accepting applications from POST Certified Peace Officers. Application materials are available online POST Certified Application. This recruitment will create a pool of qualified applicants that are eligible for hiring by the Missoula Police Department in between normal recruiting cycles.
If you meet the minimum requirements of a Montana Police Officer and have a POST certificate, please submit your application materials to City of Missoula Human Resources by September 21, 2018. This deadline is only for this recruitment period, POST Certified Applications will be accepted by the City of Missoula Human Resources throughout the year.
Police Officer entry level pay is $27.63.
Minimum Requirements for Peace Officer per Montana Code Annotated:
1. be a citizen of the United States;
2. be at least 18 years of age;
3. be fingerprinted and a search made of the local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
4. not have been convicted of a crime for which the person could have been imprisoned in a federal or state penitentiary;
5. be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation;
6. be a high school graduate or have been issued a high school equivalency diploma by the superintendent of public instruction or by an appropriate issuing agency of another state or of the federal government;
7. free from any mental or physical condition that might adversely affect performance by the applicant of the duties of a peace officer; or
8. possess or be eligible for a valid Montana driver's license.