Housing & Community Development
CREATING A DIVERSE AND VIBRANT MISSOULA
Through public and private partnerships, the Office of Housing & Community Development works to:
- Increase housing options that are affordable to all levels of our community.
- Ensure a strong safety net for those living in poverty through the implementation of Reaching Home: Missoula’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.
- Support economic development opportunities to help our community grow.
- Support thriving neighborhoods and engage all Missoula residents through their Neighborhood Councils.
- Continue Missoula’s long history of conservation and climate action by adhering to the triple bottom line: People, Planet, Prosperity.
COVID-19 Related Information
Mortgage and housing assistance
Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Accounts
Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Housing and Shelter Resources
- Montana Law Help - free legal information and resources, or call 1-800-666-6899
- Salvation Army of Missoula - rent assistance, or call 406-549-0710
- Associated Students of the University of Montana Renter Center - student resources, or call 406-243-2017
- Women’s Opportunity & Resource Development (WORD), Inc. of Missoula - some limited rental assistance and other resources, call Kim Hope 406-544-1276
- The Montana Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
During this time, please begin by calling one of the phone numbers below for assistance:
- Missoula Coordinated Entry System Access Points
- YWCA - 406-543-6691
- Poverello - 406-728-1809
- Salvation Army - 406-549-0710
- Dial 2-1-1 or 406-549-5555, and ask to speak with an operator about your housing situation
The Montana Department of Commerce sent out this bulletin on September 4, 2020. Read on ...
Help us find solutions for people living outdoors. Reserve Street Encampment: please share your ideas and take a survey. Go to EngageMissoula.com