Ward 2 Appointment
- The position will be option for nomination in the 2023 municipal election. The person elected in 2023 will serve the balance of the term until the first Monday in January 2025.
- Press release
- 9/14 Committee of the Whole Ward 2 vacancy appointment process presentation @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City Council is the policy making body of the City of Missoula.
In order to be eligible for the office, applicants must be:
- a U.S. citizen,
- a citizen of the State of Montana,
- a resident in Ward 2 60 days prior to appointment (Ward Map),
- a qualified elector registered and eligible to vote under state law, and
- at least 18 years of age.
|September 14||Applications Open|
|September 22 @ Noon||Applications Due|
During the City Council meeting, under New Business, each Council member may select one applicant to interview. The interview order will be determined by random drawing of the candidate's names. The meeting begins at 6 p.m., City Council Chambers, 140 W. Pine St.
|September 28||Interviews with Council's Committee of the Whole. Meeting time is yet to be determined|
|October 3||During the City Council meeting, under New Business, Council members will nominate and vote to select the new Ward 2 representative. The meeting begins at 6 p.m., 140 W. Pine St.|
|On or before October 14||Swearing in of appointee|
- City Council makes the final decision about the appointment.
- City Council Rule 32 sets forth the Council procedure for making this appointment.
- A majority vote of the Council members in office is required to select the new representative. (6 votes)
- Missoula City Charter--Article VIII, Section 2
- Montana state law-- 7-4-4112 Filling of vacancy @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
This webpage will be updated throughout the process with applications, meeting records and other information.
Contact all City Council members via email, voicemail 406-552-6012. Please note that messages sent are public records and are posted on the City Council's website.
- City Council will select applicants to interview at their September 26th City Council meeting. The interview order will be determined by a drawing. Candidates will receive interview questions in advance of the interview via e-mail.
- Interviews will be held on September 28th before the City Council's Committee of the Whole. Please reserve time on your calendar in the event you are selected for an interview. Generally meetings are held between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Interview questions Council will ask on 9/28
- Council will make a final appointment at their October 3 meeting @ 6 p.m. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>