Will I need an Architect/Engineer?

A licensed professional architect or engineer is required for commercial projects and is required to stamp a change-of-use. 

The hazardous material inventory statement (HMIS) can be completed by the business owner as long as they do not exceed the maximum allowable quantities (MAQ) of hazardous materials. An architect may be helpful in advising you on how to complete your hazardous materials inventory statement (HMIS) without getting bumped into an H occupancy. Where you exceed one control area you will need an architect to submit plans demonstrating compliance with the code.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit or license?
2. How do I apply for a permit/license?
3. How does the review process work?
4. How do I schedule an inspection?
5. Will I need a change-of-use?
6. Will I need an Architect/Engineer?
7. Will I need mechanical, electrical or plumbing permits?
8. Can I install mechanical equipment, duct work, or exhaust fans myself?
9. I have un-permitted work I need to resolve in order to get my license, now what?
10. How do I open a dispensary?
11. What is the process for opening a cultivation business in the City of Missoula?
12. Can I grow Cannabis plants in my home?
13. What is the process for opening an extraction business in the City of Missoula?
14. How do I add a use to my existing business license or 420 license?
15. How do I increase the canopy area of my existing business license?
16. How is my canopy area calculated?
17. When is my business able to switch from medical to recreational?
18. Are there odor or air quality restrictions?
19. Are there energy use restrictions for cannabis cultivation?
20. How do I submit a complaint related to Cannabis?