Parks & Recreation Board
- 12 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Headwaters Meeting Room, Currents Aquatics Center in McCormick Park, 600 Cregg Lane, phone 721-PARK.
Agendas & Minutes
Go to current agendas and minutes (August 2019 to present.)
On the Agendas and Minutes Page, use the filter button to the right of the search bar to filter by date or by the name of a board or committee.
Archived minutes and agendas: City Council and Board and Commission records from June 18, 2012, to July 19, 2019.
Subcommittees of Parks & Recreation Board
Caras Park Extraordinary Events Committee - Agendas and Minutes - Meets on a as needed basis
Missoula Art Park Extraordinary Events Committee - Agendas and Minutes- Meets on a as needed basis
Tree Board - and - Meets on a as needed basis
The City Board of Parks and Recreation shall have such powers, hold such public meetings with public record minutes provided to the city clerk and perform such duties as are provided by the laws of the state and any other powers or duties not inconsistent therewith granted to it by the provisions of this code or other ordinance of the city.
Powers & Duties
Pursuant to § 7-16-4222, Montana Code Annotated, the City Park and Recreation Board may exercise the following powers and duties for any park or open space matter that has not been specifically addressed by city ordinance, resolution or the applicable portion of the city budget:
- To make all rules for the use by the public of parks as well as open spaces, greenways, and trails placed under the care and control of the City Parks and Recreation Board.
- To make all rules necessary or convenient to protect and promote the growth of trees and plants in parks, streets, avenues, alleys, boulevards, and public places under the care and control of the board and for the protection of all birds inhabiting, frequenting, or nesting in the parks, streets, avenues, boulevards, and public places.
- Guiding Principles, Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals (PDF)
- Seven members
- Three-year terms
Appointees must be at least 18 years old, be a current resident of the city of Missoula and be a United States citizen. Their position is considered vacant if the individual ceases to be a resident of the city.
Appointment is by the mayor and subject to City Council confirmation.
|Members||Start of Term||End of Term|
|Ross Mollenhauer||May 1, 2020||April 30, 2023|
|Wendy Ninteman||March 11, 2019||April 30, 2022|
|Margaret (Margie) Costa||May 1, 2020||April 30, 2023|
|Dale Harris (Chair)||May 1, 2019||April 30, 2022|
|John O'Connor||May 1, 2019||April 30, 2022|
|Sonja Verlanic||May 1, 2019||April 30, 2022|
|Daniel Gundlach||May 1, 2020||April 30, 2023|
Position vacancies are advertised in the media approximately one month in advance. Interested in serving on a board? These are the vacant positions we are recruiting now.