- 7 p.m.
- First and third Tuesdays of each month
- City Council Chambers
140 W. Pine Street
Missoula, MT 59802
- Meeting is taped by MCAT; check the schedule at MCAT for viewing times
Agenda & Minutes
Go to current agendas and minutes (August 2019 to present.)
On the Agendas and Minutes Page, use the filter button to the right of the search bar to filter by date or by the name of a board or committee.
Archived minutes and agendas: City Council and Board and Commission records from June 18, 2012, to July 19, 2019.
For any questions, please contact the Missoula County Community Planning Services office directly at (406) 258-4657 or by email.
The Consolidated Planning Board holds public hearings and provides recommendations to the City and County governing bodies on adoption and amendments to growth policies, zoning regulations, and subdivision regulations. They also hear and make recommendations on zoning and rezoning requests and major subdivision proposals located in both the City and County.
- Nine members and two alternates
- Two year terms
- Two citizen members who reside within the city limits to be appointed by the mayor.
- Two citizen members who reside within the city limits to be appointed by City Council.
- One alternate citizen member who resides within city limits to be appointed by City Council.
- Two citizen members who reside within the county but outside the city limits to be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Two citizen members who reside anywhere within the county to be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- One alternate citizen member who resides outside the city limits to be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- One citizen member to be appointed by the Board of Supervisors of the Conservation District, or if no member is able to serve, the citizen member will be appointed by the Consolidated Planning Board with City Council and Board of County Commissioners approval.
Qualifications include residency requirements as previously stated and an interest in and knowledge of community planning.
|Members||Start of Term||End of Term|
|Board of County Commissioner Appointments (BCC)||n/a||n/a|
|Andy Mefford||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
|Peter Bensen||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
|Stephanie Laporte Potts||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
|Sean McCoy||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
|John Newman (Chair)||Jan. 1, 2019||Dec. 31, 2020|
|Neva Hassanein||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
|City Council Appointments||n/a||n/a|
|Vince Caristo||Jan. 1, 2018||Dec. 31, 2019|
|Helen Pent Jenkins||Jan. 1, 2018||Dec. 31, 2019|
|Planning Board Appointed Member||n/a||n/a|
|Josh Schroeder (Conservation District Appointee)||March 5, 2019||Dec. 31, 2020|
|Vacant (City Council)||Jan. 1, 2018||Dec. 31, 2019|
|Vacant (County)||Jan. 1, 2020||Dec. 31, 2021|
Montana Code Annotated (MCA) Title 76, Chapter 1, Planning Boards as authorized by Interlocal Agreement (PDF), and as jointly or independently assigned by the County or City of Missoula pursuant to state enabling legislation.
Position vacancies are advertised in the media approximately one month in advance. Interested in serving on a board? These are the vacant positions we are recruiting.