A Place to Call Home: Meeting Missoula's Housing Needs
Eran Pehan, Director of the Office of Housing & Community Development, appeared on Northern Broadcasting System's "Voices of Montana" show on December 5th to talk about homelessness in Western Montana. Read on...
Eran Pehan appeared on NPR's "Here & Now" on December 6th to discuss housing affordability. Read on...
The Missoula City Council adopted a comprehensive city-wide Housing Policy, entitled "A Place to Call Home: Meeting Missoula's Housing Needs" on June 24, 2019. Housing Policy aims to create a cohesive policy and program approach in the city to minimize barriers and provide financial incentives where possible to promote the production and preservation of diverse, healthy, and safe homes that all Missoulians can afford.
- Diversity. A healthy housing market includes options and resources for all Missoulians.
- Innovation. A commitment to innovation will ensure that this housing policy is as dynamic as the community it aims to serve.
- Collaboration. Missoula’s housing policy relies on the collaborative spirit of this community and strong public-private partnerships.
- Achievability. While the goals of this housing policy are ambitious, they are also achievable. They reflect realistic projections of city resource sand the opportunities we have at our disposal.
Homes Build Strong Communities. By providing safe and healthy housing with a diversity of home types and affordability levels, we can support childhood educational success, enable Missoulians to improve our circumstances in the community, support individual and community health, and allow for a robust and thriving local economy.
Housing Policy Implementation Updates
- Housing Policy Implementation Matrix
- Housing Policy Update to the City Council Committee of the Whole, October 30, 2019
- Housing & Community Development Director Eran Pehan on NPR's "Here & Now," December 6, 2019
Housing & Community Development Agency Comment
When projects come before City Council that align with the goals and strategies in Housing Policy, the Director of Housing & Community Development offers comments to Council supporting those projects.