Tourist homes are also known as "vacation rentals" or "vacation rental by owner". More InformationThe Tourist Home Amendment s project is a City Council Initiated proposal to allow Tourist Home Use in residential zoning districts and add license and inspection requirements.
1. Address legislative changes,
2. Clarify when cell tower applicants are required to seek Historic Preservation Permit review,
3. Create consistency between City departments for accessory structure rear yard setbacks,
4. Clarify that long-term bike parking is required in addition to other required storage spaces,
5. Clarify available landscaping,
6. Clarify the HPC appeal process and quorum requirements,
7. Expand the applicability section of “Remedies and Enforcement Powers” to specifically include use,
8. Insert regulations addressing pump top units,
9. Address where pet services occur and it’s definition and,
10. Clarify that the addition of a bay window encroaching in a setback cannot increase the usable floor area in a structure.