Requesting Accident Reports

Requesting Accident Reports
MCA 61-7-114 mandates that accident reports are confidential.These reports will not be released to someone not involved in the accident without written permission from an involved party (i.e. driver or owner of property damaged in accident).You may request a copy of accident reports that you are involved in by coming to the Missoula Police Department between 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays.

There will be a $5 fee to individuals who are involved in the accident.You may also request your report in writing by mailing the $5 fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the City of Missoula, and including a photocopy of your valid photo ID, and completing the Report Request form.There will be a $22 fee for requests from insurance companies for parties involved in the accident.Insurance companies should provide the names of their insured parties and the policy number.

Non-involved parties will need to obtain a signature from the involved party on the Report Request form and pay a $22 fee.

Please address correspondence to:
Missoula Police Department
Attn: Records
435 Ryman St.
Missoula, MT 59802